Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tuesday before Christmas

Tuesday before Christmas
A friend from PugVillage gave me a mug this year with the above statement...it speaks to me, and describes the past 6 months of my life as I search for the direction of my dreams...and pray for the courage and clarity to execute my life.
I finished my shopping today, which I have put off until the last possible minute. I was gob-smacked at the Art Store today...minding my own business and seeing a gift for that called up a memory that most days I have put to rest...funny how what is healthy, and what is like a magnet are rarely the same thing...thank God I have figured that out...
Friday I leave for Philadelphia. It is the first Christmas that my son is not "home"...so I will see him there. He is a December baby, and so much emotion is tied up in how sick he was before and at birth, and how lucky we are that he is healthy, making his way, and succeeding with his life. In many ways it seems like yesterday that he born...took his first steps, scored his first soccer goal, got into his first car accident, etc...now I will be visiting him in his City, his loft, and sharing his adult life...hard to believe I have arrived, here....


1 comment:

Brandy Wilcoxen said...

This one got me. Made me feel sad and excited at the same time. Sad because I have yet to do so. Excited because you've got me planning now. :D