Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day

Christmas Day
Today began as heavenly and morphed into a surreal afternoon that included gifts and dinner with someone who when she was not suffering from dementia did not like anything about me. I am proud of myself and how I have grown into a person I respect. It was my idea to entertain her...though in retrospect I am not sure if that qualifies me for sainthood...or a plush room at the sanitarium...most likely the later...
This picture was taken a couple of week ago at Goldhill's Welsh. I have been waiting to post it, and today is that day. I am enjoying the fence that frames the face...sitting in my new scarf...cozy in my new coat...and looking forward to my journey to Philadelphia tomorrow to see my son. The bloom is a bit off the rose with travel these days...and I am wondering how long can I be gone...I will decide in the next couple of days...