Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Napa Home Tour

Napa Home Tour
Yesterday I had the wonderful fortune to enjoy the Nape Home Tour. The houses were beautiful, and the docents precious. The last house toured was amazing...modern in style with great art, home, and garden space. This is a picture of an outside garden wall. Roof vents in all shapes and sizes are hung together, and planted with succulents contained in what appeared to be old socks. The majority of the homes where Victorian Style...and while I appreciate the decor of that Era...by the end of the 7th or 8th home...the small flowers and oak furniture became a bit claustrophobic for me...this home completely spoke my language! After touring the homes, it was nice to sit and listen to the "Bell Ringers"...kudos to these 5 ladies, and their skill...it truly felt like Christmas!
The day was followed with a superb lamb-shank dinner (a first for me)...and more...all of which I look forward to tasting again....


No comments: