Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Tree

The Tree
My favorite part about Christmas is my tree. For years I have gone to the same lot, and been greeted by the same man, just down the street. Every year he says "make sure you come back next year"... which I never questioned, though now I wonder where I will be this time next year. The transporting and 'positioning' of the tree inside has gotten remarkably simple with the invention of the "attached when you buy the tree" water dish. It is some of the best money I spend all year, no fuss, no mess, and NO trying to hold the tree in an upright position, while someone else "screws" the tree into the tree holder...never getting it quite straight, leading to tree sap, needles and words being said in a loud voice that are not consistent with the theory of Christmas.
Each ornament means something to me...either received as a gift from a friend, made by Matt or Laur, or purchased in a special place. When I discovered using netting on the tree, I was in heaven! Happy Holidays to All!

No comments: