Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

elle 23

elle 23
As the saying goes, this is where it begins and ends for hair. I was fortunate to have been introduced to Leesa 8 years ago by my daughter, and her friends. They were concerned that my then current hair dresser made me look older than necessary, which I though was a unique concern coming from a group of 15 and 16 year old girls. I was ready for a change, and made my appointment. Leesa had several facial piercings, something that 8 years ago I found slightly scary...but the girls were right, she is a Master, and over the years we have become friends.

It has become interesting to me how everyone struggles with something... some have a heavier burden, none of us are burden free. Since I have some life experience Leesa does not, and she has life experience I am attempting to reclaim, we are a perfect match and no topic is off limits...making for a entertaining conversation, including laughter and tears. The frosting on the cake is that I leave looking better to myself than when I arrived.

Today's topic was "love"...not surprising. She is attending a relationship class and shared with me that "I love you" has nothing to do with passion, sexuality, emotionality, etc. Simply defined it means "I recognize and accept you for who you are, and...who you are not". Today's conversation was a little deeper than it regularly is...and gave me a full menu to consider...one of the many reasons I am grateful to call Leesa my friend...

No comments: