Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day One...

Day One...
I have said it before, and I will say it again...I am one of the luckiest women in the World. Today I unexpectedly had a tour of duty in my new position..."orientation" is next week in Ohio...so today was teach one, prior to doing one. I am prepared via prior positions (and motherhood), and am excited to feel as though this is what I may have been meant to do, at least at this point in my life.

Driving home tonight I marveled that I am paid to do something so interesting, challenging, that demands thought, the "right" words AND "matters". (I have a personal need regarding "mattering" that could actually be a novel in itself!)

This is a picture I took last weekend at the Alamo, in San Antonio. It was their "Hospital"...the bed look scary and uncomfortable...and a far cry of the standard of care today. It was interesting to see, and conjured up thoughts of Florence and those who have come before me...brave Women who gave of themselves and paved the way for others...including me....

1 comment:

Brandy Wilcoxen said...

Its great that you like your job. So few do.