Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Orchid


Orchid


Last year I bought an orchid. I have always admired them...on the plant...not so much on people. I purchased it at Trader Joe's which I have come to learn is similar to buying a puppy in a pet store...well...live and learn...

Today I went to a "real" orchid show...and after viewing and talking with their owners...am now the proud parent of 2 additional orchids...and a book that explains their many needs to the novice owner. One is an inside, and one is an outside orchid, which I will be marking on the adorable copper plant markers I could not do without!

The picture above is the outside orchid which I have been assured that even I can assist in its ability to thrive...after all, I have given birth twice...and am an experienced Nurse...in the mean time, I will enjoy the current flowers and hope they return as promised next season...


No comments: