Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 27, 2009

The Dunes

The Dunes

Friday, on our way out of Death Valley we stopped at "The Dunes"...the Dunes to me in title were a reminder of the Dunes in Santa Barbara...where I spent a majority of my youth...enjoying the sun, sea and sand and other activities that should not be mentioned here...

These Dunes made the ones I am familiar with pale in comparison. Huge, white and simply beautiful...time was well spent sitting and starring in awe. Also tricky walking...in some areas your step gave way to a rodent tunnel, and was lost 8 inches in the sand.

This is a picture I took of the Dunes...the sky is truly this brilliant...and as with all of Death Valley, the sharp contrast of the sky, sand, and mountains never failed to take my breath away....

1 comment:

Brandy Wilcoxen said...

Breath taking is a perfect description for this pic. Well done!