Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Devil's Racetrack


Devil's Racetrack


Yesterday we took a huge drive down a gravel road that felt like it was the road to No-where. Thank goodness for hearty 4 wheel drive... One half way to our destination, we briefly stopped at Tea Pot Junction...oddly enough, signage off to the side of the road decorated with Tea Pots...and various signatures and sayings...and the only place in Death Valley that I have found cell phone service...on a gravel road, where time stands still, a long way from any hint of 2009...go figure.

Our destination was Devil's Racetrack...an amazing area, as breath taking as I am becoming accustomed too...you will see in the photograph the path the rock has created...this is the mystery...how the rocks "move"...the mystery for me is how have I missed out on such a beautiful place...and how many more like this are there...that I am unaware of...


No comments: