Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 19, 2009

Cabela's

Cabela's

I have now been to Cabela's...paradise on Earth to the hunting, fishing, hiking, biking...also known as the "hook and bullet" crowd. I now have a pair of waders...not from Cabela's, though not for lack of trying.

I am on my way to Crater Lake, to try an adult hand at camping and fishing. "Camping" goes against most of my grain...lacking running (warm) water, electricity (necessary for hair) and flushing toilets. I must say I did see that the fresh air and beauty of the lake and pines make up for most of what is absent.

I tried my hand at fishing, well honestly I enjoyed sitting in the tube, listening to my iPhone, and watching the marvels of the lake...I was not sure what I would do if my pole caught a fish...and will have to wait to find that out until the next time...note to self...purchase a down jacket, pants gloves and fishing boots...afternoons and mornings are COLD...

This is a picture of the boot display at Cabela's...such choice...

No comments: