Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Another Lucious Day in Unionville

Another Lucious Day in Unionville
As the weekend purr-ed on...the company and the conversations only got better. One thing I am greatful for every day is the stories of the patients I serve. While dialysis is no picnic, it does allow many to spend time with loved ones, and live a life that would not be possible without functioning kidneys. I was lucky enough to meet several brave and inspirational people in Unionville, and hear their stories...a constant reminder that life is not easy, and everyone in their own way struggles...I will stop short of the "We are the World" song...
This is a picture I shot outside the Schoolhouse/Bar...an old wheel, with junk piled behind it. Again, the rust and peeling paint speak to me in a way few other things do. I am growing up in many ways, and have lost the necessity to "run"...it is great to finally feel that my skin fits...life is good...





No comments: