Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Reality is Slowly Setting In...

Reality is Slowly Setting In...

Tonight while shopping for Friday's Baby Shower it hit me that my Daughter is really pregnant, and Gio is due to be born soon...not that this fact is not in my face most days...I can "see" that Laur is pregnant...and we talk about it ad-nauseam...though while selecting liquor that she cannot drink for the Shower, and picking up formula, diapers, wipes, baby shampoo, and super Maxi Pads...I finally get it...I am going to be a Grandmother, whether my driver's license verifies I meet the age criteria or not.

This is a picture of a horse posted on a street sign in China. It reminded me of the days and nights that were spent loving and caring for Elvis...our Welsh Pony...great times of being Mom and Daughter focused on a magnificent creature who bonded us in a common interest and passion...and now Laur will have the opportunity to create those memories with Gio...and hopefully I can tag along for a bit of the ride....

No comments: