Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 16, 2009

Morning Rituals

Morning Rituals

For nearly the past 30 years I have been drinking General Foods International House, Orange Cappuccino Instant Coffee every morning...and I do mean every morning...it is my one cup of caffeine that my body tolerates (until Pumpkin Spice Latte Season) , not to mention looks forward too!

For the past year, my coffee has become increasing scarce...Stores that previously carried it no longer did, with my last search ending at Save Mart, where I purchased 5 cans. Yesterday push came to shove and in the coffee isle of my last resort...it was gone.

Though I know that doing or saying the same thing over and over and expecting different results is not productive, I did engage in that behavior by searching each individual can, after the first general visual sweep. Coming to grips with change I opted for the Chai and for the Orange Spice coffee.

I am now sitting at my desk...sipping my morning Orange Spice coffee. 4 o'clock this morning left me wondering how similar it would be to the old flavor...well the verdict is in...it is EXACTLY the same flavor, color and texture...well done General Foods...though knowing this ahead of time could have saved much angst, as well as time, gasoline and mileage...

This is a picture I took in China. It reminded me of this morning...and the lesson...be open to what is behind door numbers 1, 2, and 3....

No comments: