Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Friends. etc...

Friends, etc...

Today started and ended as the day before my loving charming daughter's Baby Shower. Honestly, I am having a bit of a problem dealing with the fact that I will soon be a Grandmother...I previously thought that was for "old" people...and for the record I do not feel old...I am in the prime of my life...

Friends are folks who love you for who you are...people who understand...that you do not need to "defend or hide" yourself from...and most importantly you do not need to fabricate to gain their acceptance. I am so lucky to have Virginia as a friend...tonight she fed Laur and I, and was a support in one more day of life...she never judges...I can say what I feel and she gets "it"...children are not perfect...and basically life is challenging...as well as rewarding.

One of the many gifts I have learned in the past 2 years is that I must love people for who they are. This is a lesson I am attempting to impart to my Daughter as she makes her way in the World...and is looking forward to the birth of her Son...

This is a picture that I took in China, that was better taken by someone other than me...I love it because it is beautiful...and the colors provide me with an inward smile...

No comments: