Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Giovanni Alexander

Giovanni Alexander

Well, push came to shove, and Giovanni made his entrance December 1, 2009 at 7:18 in the morning. This followed a Sunday evening admission to the hospital, hours of pitocin, IV's, contractions (contraptions as coined by his Father), huffing, puffing, very little sleep, and an array of other delightful moments...

Laur is the strongest person I know, and she took on this task with her usual zest. The hours of waiting were rewarded with my seeing his head before he entered the World...watching him be guided out, and placed on her belly. To say he is beautiful is an understatement...I did not factor in the emotionalism of watching my child have a child...and there were tears.

This is a picture I took with my iPhone seconds after he was born. Such a special moment...and a reminder of the hope and joy that all of our futures hold...I am looking forward to the new dimension Gio will bring to my life...and a tad bit anxious that I have been putting off personal decisions until he was here safe and sound...which he is...so now I must retrieve my broom, and continue to sweep up my "mess"...which I equate to be similar to labor...painful...though beautiful and life changing when complete...

No comments: