Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Back to Reality, Where I Will Be Living for Awhile...

Back to Reality, Where I Will Be Living for Awhile...

I have had a perfect 2 weeks of fantasy...in China, where truly I did leave most of my every day World behind...with the exception of my lovely, charming, pregnant daughter...

The colors, textures, history, bustle and people of China are amazing...there is not enough space or time today to diagram all that I saw, felt, and experienced...a representation can be seen via my photo website...www.photothree65.com

One of the many highlights of China is the whole "non-toilet" system...otherwise known as a porcelain hole is the ground that one must "squat" over...not for the faint of heart or faint of knees...and by the way, byotp (bring your own toilet paper!)

This picture perfectly documents my return to work today...which went well until I fired up my computer only to be told that it contained "no bootable devices", in other words...the hard drive had crashed. This statement was only outdone by my Company "Helpdesk"...who asked if I wanted them to "try" to retrieve my data, and when my last "backup" was...(are you kidding me?) So here I sit, waiting for the arrival of my "loaner" computer, wondering if this is a sign similar to when my office burned to the ground taking 15 years of documents with it...is it time to take a different course...

I give the Universe a round of applause...this certainly was a spot on welcome back...





No comments: